variants: or meal snout moth
Definition of meal moth
: any of several small widely distributed moths (as the Indian meal moth or the Mediterranean flour moth) having larvae that feed in milled and stored grain products especially : a small golden brown moth (Pyralis farinalis) with dark and whitish markings
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game