maz·a·rine | \ ¦mazə¦rēn, ˈmazərə̇n\
Definition of mazarine
1 now usually mazarin \ " \ : a deep dish often of metal especially : one formerly used as a liner for a serving dish and usually pierced
2 : mazarine blue
3 or mazarine hood [ perhaps after Hortense Mancini, duchess of Mazarin †1699 ] : a hood worn by women in the 17th century
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?