mayberrynoun, often capitalized
may·ber·ry | \ ˈmā-—see berry\
Definition of mayberry
: an erect branching ornamental bramble (Rubus palmatus) with white flowers and yellow edible early-ripening fruits
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game