mat·to | \ ˈmät(ˌ)ō, ˈma-\
variants: or less commonly matta or mata \ ˈmätə , ˈma- \
Definition of matto
: dense tropical American forest also : reclaimed land naturally covered with such forest
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game