Definition of matched order
: one of two orders designed to create artificial activity in the stock market:
a : an order placed by an individual through one broker to buy usually at an above-market price a number of shares of stock that the individual intends to sell at once at the same price through another broker
b : the order placed by the individual to sell stock that has been so bought
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game