mash·ie | \ ˈmashē, -aash-, -aish-, -shi\
Definition of mashie
: an iron golf club with a rather wide blade well laid back used for medium distances and for lofting a ball (as from a close lie or from the rough)
— called also number five iron
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?