Definition of marsh tea
: a Eurasian bog shurb (Ledum palustre) that is distinguished from the closely related Labrador tea by its narrow leaves which are sometimes infused for use in killing vermin and parasites and that yields an oil from which ledol is obtained
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game