Definition of marsh pea
: a glabrous scrambling perennial wild pea (Lathyrus palustris) of damp or marshy areas in Eurasia and North America with winged stems, lanceolate and often mucronate leaflets, and rather large pale bluish or purplish flowers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game