variants: or less commonly marmalade plum
Definition of marmalade tree
1 : a tropical American tree (Calocarpum zapota) that has wood like mahogany, large obovate leaves, and an egg-shaped single-seeded fruit
2 : mammee
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game