Definition of market forces
: the actions of buyers and sellers that cause the prices of goods and services to change without being controlled by the government : the economic forces of supply and demand The value of these commodities is determined by market forces.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game