Definition of Manichaean
1 : a believer in a syncretistic religious dualism (see dualism sense 3) originating in Persia in the third century a.d. and teaching the release of the spirit from matter through asceticism
2 : a believer in religious or philosophical dualism
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game