Definition of manganous hydroxide
: a crystalline amphoteric compound Mn(OH)2 that is found in nature as pyrochroite, that is obtained synthetically as a white precipitate by adding alkali to a solution of a manganous salt, and that rapidly turns brown in air by oxidation
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game