Definition of manganese violet
: a moderate purple that is redder and duller than heliotrope (see heliotrope sense 4a), bluer, lighter, and stronger than average amethyst, bluer and stronger than cobalt violet, and bluer and deeper than average lilac (see lilac sense 3a)
— called also Burgundy violet, mineral violet, Nuremberg violet, permanent violet
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game