Definition of maneuvering board
: a printed compass rose with polar coordinates that is used together with parallel rulers and dividers to solve problems of relative movement of ships or airplanes such as arise in changing station in formation or mooring
— called also mooring board
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?