Definition of man-of-war fish
: a small fish (Nomeus gronovii) of the family Nomeidae that is common in the Gulf of Mexico and that lives among the tentacles of the Portuguese man-of-war
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game