man of parts
Definition of man of parts
: a talented or gifted man : a man of notable endowments or capacity no man of parts … would accept so feeble a role— H. S. Truman not in the nature of a man of parts to stick to the same plodding trade— Harriette Wilson
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?