Definition of mammillaria
Note: Cacti of the genus Mammillaria are found from the southwestern U.S. to South America and the West Indies, with most species native to Mexico. The key identifying characteristics of this genus are that the surface of the tubercle does not possess any grooves and that flowers arise from the base of the tubercle.
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game