Definition of mammillaria
Note: Cacti of the genus Mammillaria are found from the southwestern U.S. to South America and the West Indies, with most species native to Mexico. The key identifying characteristics of this genus are that the surface of the tubercle does not possess any grooves and that flowers arise from the base of the tubercle.
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game