variants: or less commonly malignant catarrhal fever
Definition of malignant catarrh
1 : a catarrhal fever of cattle apparently caused by a filterable virus and marked by acute edematous inflammation of the respiratory and digestive systems and sometimes of the sinuses of the head and eyes and genitourinary organs
2 : hepatic coccidiosis of the rabbit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?