variants: or less commonly malignant catarrhal fever
Definition of malignant catarrh
1 : a catarrhal fever of cattle apparently caused by a filterable virus and marked by acute edematous inflammation of the respiratory and digestive systems and sometimes of the sinuses of the head and eyes and genitourinary organs
2 : hepatic coccidiosis of the rabbit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game