ma·ko·re | \ ˌmäkəˈrā\
Definition of makore
: a large tree of southern Africa (Mimusops leckellii) that yields a wood resembling cherry but having a pronounced black mottle
— called also cherry mahogany
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?