make someone's dayidiom
Definition of make someone's day
: to cause someone's day to be pleasant or happy Thanks for the compliment. You've really made my day! It made my day to see his smiling face.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game