make ofphrasal verb
made of; making of; makes of
Definition of make of
: to have or form an opinion about (something or someone) What do you make of this message? I can't make anything of it at all. I don't know what to make of her behavior. He's a strange guy. I don't know quite what to make of him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game