make mincemeat (out) ofidiom
Definition of make mincemeat (out) of
: to destroy, ruin, or defeat (someone or something) in a very thorough and complete way Last year's champions have been making mincemeat of the competition again this year.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game