make it up to (someone)idiom
Definition of make it up to (someone)
: to do something helpful or good for (someone one has hurt or treated wrongly) He'd neglected his children and wanted to make it up to them by spending more time with them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game