make a/the connectionidiom
Definition of make a/the connection
: to understand that there is a relationship between two or more things It didn't take long for us to make the connection between the missing money and our partner's new car.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game