majolica bluenoun, often capitalized M
Definition of majolica blue
1 : a dark blue that is redder and duller than Flemish blue or Peking blue and less strong and very slightly greener than Japan blue
2 of textiles : a moderate blue that is greener and duller than average copen or Dresden blue and redder and duller than pompadour
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game