Definition of mail clerk
1 : one who does clerical work (as selling stamps or sorting or canceling mail) in a post office
2 : a mail sorter on a railway mail car
3 : an employee who handles mail in a private or government establishment that is not part of the post-office department
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game