Definition of magnetic potential
: the scalar quantity characteristic of a point in a magnetic field whose negative gradient equals the intensity or strength of the magnetic field and which represents the work required to bring a unit north pole from a point infinitely remote up to the point in question
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game