magnesium oxychloride cementnoun
Definition of magnesium oxychloride cement
: a cement that is used only for interior work (as floors in hospitals and public buildings), is made by adding in proper proportions a strong solution of magnesium chloride to magnesia, and when used with small stones, wood flour, or cork sets to a hard mass in a short time and takes a high polish
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game