Definition of magic circle
1 : a circle drawn by a magician about any person or place protecting it from demons raised by incantations
2 or less commonly magic cube : an arrangement of numbers in rings and radial ranks in a circle or in a number of cubes forming a larger perfect cube devised on the principle of the magic square to add up to the same number along different ranks or diagonals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game