ma·ca·na | \ məˈkänə\
Definition of macana
: a wooden weapon or agricultural tool widely employed by the Indians of South America and the Antilles, usually made like a flattened club or sword, and sometimes edged or headed with stone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game