lym·pho·cys·tis disease | \ ¦lim(p)fə¦sistə̇s-\
Definition of lymphocystis disease
: a skin disease of the walleye that is characterized by ulceration and the formation of irregular pinkish lumps in skin and fins and is usually held to be of virus origin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?