Definition of loyalty board
: a board (as of a government agency) established and authorized to inquire into the loyalty to the government of the U.S. of persons employed or considered for employment by the U.S. government or by international organizations of which the U.S. is a member and to make usually advisory determinations in such cases
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game