variants: or less commonly low blueberry
Definition of lowbush blueberry
1 : any of several low-growing North American blueberries that are usually considered to constitute a single highly variable species (Vaccinium angustifolium), have narrow serrulate leaves and sweet bluish black fruit with a heavy light blue bloom, and commonly form very large colonies by means of stolons
2 : the fruit of a lowbush blueberry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game