lord commissioner of admiralty
Definition of lord commissioner of admiralty
: one of the lords commissioners including the first lord, the sea lords, and the civil lord who perform the executive duties of the former office of lord high admiral in England
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game