loosely base onidiom
Definition of loosely base on
: to develop (something, such as a play or novel) from something else (such as a story or a person's life) in a way that many things are different in each The story is loosely based on real-life events.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game