look (someone) in the faceidiom
Definition of look (someone) in the face
: to look directly at (someone who is also looking at one) I wasn't afraid to look him (right) in the face and tell him just what I thought of him!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game