Definition of longleaf pine
: a tall timber pine (Pinus palustris) of the southeastern U.S. with long needles in bundles of three and long cones also : its tough coarse-grained reddish-orange wood consisting mostly of heartwood and used especially for flooring and joinery
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?