Definition of long-tailed skipper
: any butterfly of the genus Urbanus or Chioides (family Hesperiidae) marked by a prolongation of the posterior margin of each hindwing which suggests a tail
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game