Definition of long-eared owl
: an owl of the northern hemisphere (Asio otus) that has conspicuous ear tufts and mottled coloration especially : a slender long-winged and long-tailed American owl (Asio otus wilsonianus)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game