lo·cust·berry | \ ˈlōkəst-—see berry\
Definition of locustberry
1 : any of several nances (genus Byrsonima) of extreme southern Florida and the West Indies
2 : the acid drupe of a locustberry sometimes used as food
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game