Definition of loblolly bay
1 : an ornamental evergreen shrub or small tree (Gordonia lasianthus) of the southern U.S.
2 : an endemic Jamaican tree (Haemocharis haematoxylon) of the family Theaceae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game