load down withphrasal verb
loaded down with; loading down with; loads down with
Definition of load down with
: to burden or oppress with something heavy, laborious, or disheartening Our teachers loaded us down with homework. The company is loaded down with debt.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game