live throughphrasal verb
lived through; living through; lives through
Definition of live through
1 : to survive (an experience, a troubling time, etc.) : to endure If I can live through this, I can live through anything.
2 US, sometimes disapproving : to enjoy the experiences and achievements of (another person) instead of one's own experiences and achievements She can't live through her daughter.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game