live out (something)idiom
Definition of live out (something)
1 : to spend the rest of (one's life) in a specified way He lived out (the final years of) his life in quiet retirement.
2 : to do (the things one has dreamed of doing) He has finally had the chance to live out his dreams/fantasies.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?