Definition of lithium-ion battery
: a rechargeable battery that uses lithium ions as the primary component of its electrolyte
Note: Lithium-ion batteries are common in portable electronic devices such as cell phones and laptop computers.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game