Definition of liquid air
: air in the liquid state but usually richer in oxygen than gaseous air that is obtained as a faintly bluish transparent mobile intensely cold liquid by compressing purified air and cooling it by its own expansion to a temperature below the boiling points of its principal components nitrogen and oxygen and is used chiefly as a refrigerant and as a source of oxygen, nitrogen, and inert gases (as argon)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game