Definition of liquid air
: air in the liquid state but usually richer in oxygen than gaseous air that is obtained as a faintly bluish transparent mobile intensely cold liquid by compressing purified air and cooling it by its own expansion to a temperature below the boiling points of its principal components nitrogen and oxygen and is used chiefly as a refrigerant and as a source of oxygen, nitrogen, and inert gases (as argon)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?