line of Fate
Definition of line of Fate
: a line located on the center of the palm that often runs straight from the wrist to the Mount of Saturn and that is usually held by palmists to indicate according to its direction and strength the nature and degree of a person's success in life especially as a result of outside influences
— called also line of Destiny, line of Saturn
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game