Definition of linden borer
: a common spotted longicorn beetle (Saperda vestita) whose larva bores in the linden and whose imago eats the twigs and petioles causing the leaves to fall
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game