li·nar·ia | \ līˈna(a)rēə, -ner-\
Definition of linaria
1 capitalized : a genus of herbs and undershrubs (family Scrophulariaceae) having a personate spurred corolla — see toadflax
2 plural -s : any plant or flower of the genus Linaria
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game