limber upphrasal verb
limbered up; limbering up; limbers up
Definition of limber up
: to prepare for physical activity by doing exercises so that one's body can move and bend more easily She limbered up for a few minutes before starting to run. —sometimes used figuratively She limbered up for the election by learning the relevant statistics.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?